Learn how to edit auto-generated dividends
All dividends collected are automatically computed, however, this might not be sufficient in some cases like the following:
- Some users might have chosen to purchase stocks instead of taking cash for some dividend payouts
- Currently, StocksCafe does not handle retail bonds interest/dividends well
The above cases can be neatly and easily solved if the ability to manually override dividends is given to the user.
There are two manual overrides available:
This will delete all auto-generated dividends of a given stockcode on a given ExDate.
- On this page, locate the dividend that you want to delete and click Remove.
- Click OK and that dividend, along with any other dividends for the same stock on the same date will be automatically be removed.
Note: To undo a deletion, navigate to this page and Remove the override.
Choose to add as many dividends you want manually for any stockcode, for any given ExDate.
- On this page, fill in the details accordingly.
- Click Add.
Important: In cases where you believe the issue is with erroneous or missing dividends, please send a message instead of using the manual override as it would help other users across StocksCafe as well. Thanks!